Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

My Announcement!

Headed to Africa
Katie Burke interviews Helen

Question #1: Africa? Really?
Yep! Can you believe it? I know I have certaintly questioned the Lord a time or two throughout this process. Africa? Really? Just like Moses I have put my fears and inadequacies before the Lord but He has answered back "GO".



Question #2: When did you know you wanted to go?
Well, when I wanted to go and when I knew I was going were two different dates. I have been praying about missions for a couple of years, but I knew I was going to Africa when the Lord spoke to me at a special service back in October. However, I had some anxiety about being called and it was not until recently that I was ready to answer the call.


Question #3: When do you think you will go?
Summer 2009. There are a couple possibilities, so I am praying and seeking the Lord's guidance on when to go. *Prayer Point*


Question #4: What did your family say when you told them?
Awesome! We want to go too! I have a very supportive and wonderful family.


Question #5: Are you afraid of bugs?
I am not afraid of bugs, as long as they are not on me! Now snakes and spiders are another story!! But I have been assured that I will probably not see any snakes, but knowing my luck I am going to see lots of them.


Question #6: What will you be doing there?
Seeing if and where the Lord wants me to serve!! I hope to visit New Hope Uganda, Calvary Chapel Kampala, friends in Kampala and Entebbe, and friends/ministries in Nairobi, Kenya.

Question #7: How long will you stay?
For this first trip, one month. Most of the time I will be in Uganda, but also in Nairobi, Kenya to visit friends and ministries there. I feel the Lord calling me to full time ministry so I am excited to see where God guides me.


Question #8: Do they have a Bank of the West there?

No, but I think this is a grand opportunity for branch expansion!

Question #9: Where's the nearest Target?
Unfortunaly there are no Target stores in Uganda and sadly I read that Target is not pursuing expanding internationally. However, I do believe the closest geographic location would be Miami, Florida.

Question #10: Can I come with you?
Sure! Check with my travel agent. His name is Jesus and he can be reached anywhere, anytime!


Question #11: Will you have to celebrate Kwanza?
I do not think so... I think it is more of an American tradition.

Stay tuned for the next Post:

"Divine Appointments"

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your blog! Will enjoy following it!
    Reflector of Light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my questions, Helen! I'll have more, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Helen, this is wonderful!! I will be praying for you. What an opportunity.

    Laura. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete